6/26 ER to Step Down to ICU to Tower ICU to Trauma. I understand there are urgent priorities so waiting was never really an issue for me. It's more the communication. And I must say 85% of the time it... more was there. The remaining 15% was left with open ended questions to what some team members of doctors would say. I understand they all have their part and so I've just learned to ask questions & not wait. Never hurts. I must say the overall experience with my emotional roller coaster I am very pleased. There are many things you won't think of doing or asking bc of the situation happening. So I was extremely relieved when approached by basically all departments incl but not limited to Med Ins, Social, Nutritionist, Support etc. So many things I needed to do but too involved to even think. I must say the 1st few nights were the worst. There were times I thought if I had not stayed the nights, he would've more than likely fallen. It's scary to think how things are dealt with when a patient is groggy bc of a needed medication taken. There was one night I was there & assisted with bathroom. The nurse was to get a new gown & finish up cleaning. We stood there for a while then the nurse from the next shift came in and told me that the girl left. I was in disbelief. On a lighter note, since having to be moved to the ICU, up until finally discharged, we were happy with nurses. It's nice to feel and see the passion these nurses have. Tells me this is exactly where they need to be. I am so grateful for the Atrium ICU Nurses for all they did. They gave someone another chance in life, literally. And the nurses in 5th floor Trauma for being so welcoming. To not just him, but me as well. Thank you Dr. Hunter for always making sure we understood what was going on. Thank you Ms. Leeds for making sure I was ok when the unknown was happening. Life is precious & you're all appreciated for what you do to make it worth living!
PS hope to NEVER see any of you again (wink)
My name is Yvonne Benrube and I would give this hospital a zero rating but it won’t allow me to. Many reasons starting with I asked the nurse for a baby wipe and she told me the hospital can’t afford... more them. (2) I was getting an infusion in vein and I was telling nurse that the burning sensation was unbearable and she couldn’t care less. (3) I didn’t need to go into an isolation room and I told them I don’t need to go into one and they did anyway. (4) I was treated with no respect and when I hit button for nurse they don’t show up. (5). They took blood from me and something went wrong and my wrist was so swallow. (6) It seems to me that nobody gives a damn about the patient concerns. It’s bad enough being scared in the hospital but compassion is completely lacking from nurses in this hospital, I will never ever go back to this hospital again. One day these nurses will be old and sick and I’m so sure they would like to be treated with respect.
Rate of readmission after discharge from hospital (hospital-wide)
Rate - 16.0% (equal to the the national rate)
There is no indicators supported for this facility. If your hospital is part of major country or region based indicators that you value, please suggest it to us via our suggestion box in the bottom left corner and we’ll consider it's integration.