Children's Mercy South, conveniently located at I-435 and Nall Ave, in Overland Park, Kan., brings the nationally recognized care of Children's Mercy Hospital to families in the southern part of the Kansas... more City metropolitan area.
Never take your child here. There isnt a competent person that works in this chain of hospitals.
1. The doctors can never be anywhere near on time for an appointment. Expect to wait 2-3 hours... more AFTER your appointment time to see anyone. Thats been the norm for us. Its completely ridiculous.
2. They lost our daughters ultrasound for her heart after traumatizing her to get it. After fighting with them for 2 weeks to find the ultrasound, they eventually just lied to us and said it came back normal. But they refused to provide any documentation to back it up. I suspect this is illegal, and the nurses and doctors should be fired and prosecuted for fraud. But of course, no one can tell us the names of those responsible.
3. For a sore throat one time, they decided to give our daughter hydrocodone without our permission. And then tried to send us home with a prescription for it. I dont condone use of oxy or hydro for adults and I certainly dont condone the use of opiates for a sore throat in a toddler. Again, this should be illegal and someone should be held responsible.
4. In more recent events, they cant seem to get our prescription for our daughter for much needed medication. We are on day 5 now, and the hospital is claiming they accepted it while the pharmacy is claiming they are rejecting it. If the ghetto nurses had any sort of education in how to do their job, alot of this could probably be avoided.
5. Our daughter was throwing up and had a fever. We took her in. 6 hours later they decided to do a UA and told us they would have the results in 30 mins. 2 hours afrer the 30 mins had passed, after harrassing them over and over they eventually just told us theres nothing wrong with her and sent us home with no explaination of anything after 8 hours. Nobody did their job that day. We spent the majority of that 8 hours in a room by ourselves while all the nurses and doctors browsed facebook at their desk and talked and had a good ol time. Must be nice to get paid to do nothing.
If this hospital is ever recommended to you, and you actually care about your child, your better off going to another state. You wont find any competent doctors or nurses in any of their locations. I have been fighting with this hospital for 2 years now. Luckily we are moving on the other side of the country and will soon no longer have to deal with them.
The hospital is a wonderful hospital , helpful nurses and staff.
Clean environment. But I was not pleased with a particular ER NP
She was very sarcastic ,very rude the whole time we... more we're there she talked to us as if we we're ignorant As we explained what was wrong and how we do things at home. As a DR or a NP no matter how you feel you should not have an attitude on how a parent does there own thing. Your here to help our children not to critize how we do things or how we are as parents.
Rate of readmission after discharge from hospital (hospital-wide)
There is no indicators supported for this facility. If your hospital is part of major country or region based indicators that you value, please suggest it to us via our suggestion box in the bottom left corner and we’ll consider it's integration.