Year Established: 1990
Known throughout Asia and the rest of the world for its specialty centers, Fortis Wockhardt hospital in Mumbai is one of India's shining healthcare stars, particularly in the area of heart disease and... more surgeries. Formerly Wockhardt Hospital, Fortis Mumbai boast several centrers of excellence including cardiac care, orthopedics, neurosurgery and oncology. In 2005, it became the first super specialty hospital in South Asia to receive JCI accreditation. The hospital has been awarded with various awards since it's inception for best patient safety, innovation in staff education and operational excellence
Staff & Capacity
Services & Amenities
Airport transport, Computers and E-mail, Information Centers, Language Assistance, Local accommodation assistance, Refreshments, Translator services, WiFi
My experience at Fortis Mulund is horrible. I ve been here for past 26 days and is at the receiving end of their 3rd grade services and weired protocols despite paying a Bomb. I sincerely wish I was in... more a condition to move to some other decent hospital. A list of few issues that I faced s here for you:
1. The food serviced here is sub standard. Once i spotted fungus in the salad and at two different occassions i was served sour milk and porridge (i dont know how to attach oicd here). The food served to patient is simply inedible. More than half of food served to patients in my ward (private room) is returned half eaten. And on the top of it they won't allow food from home.
2. Hygine is another big issue. I was shifted to ICU for a day and to my horror they have common stinking bed pan (yuk). Imagine the kind of infection one can get with all kinds of patients admitted there using same pan to relieve themselves. My husband had to fight for 1.5 hours to ensure I get a clean bed pan.
3. The hospital has a policy of cleaning the wards after mid night. The ward becomes no less than a railway platform at night. Lift buzzers, cleaning machines and trolley from pantry will ensure that you do not get sleep. So much for silent zones around hospitals.
4. And just when you finally get some relief from the cleaning staff and pantry boys and go off to sleep, your door will open with a bang between 4:00 -4:30 am. Well its time for your sponge. A cold bath at wee hours in a HOSPITAL. Imagine the kind of shock your body will go through. And you dare fight the early morning bath....it is the protocol of the hospial that night staff will give sponge. No matter in what condition the patient is. Their red tape is more important. We do not even get up at 4:30 am at home during normal days.
5. To make the matter worse some constructon guy will start drilling walls to ensure a migrane is triggered. Let your attendant run from pillar to post....the drilling machine will not stop between 12:00 -1:00 pm. I literally deprived of sleep
Badly managed place. My experience was that phone appointment don't work (I had a 11:30am appointment on phone. When I reached I was told it's changed to 12:15, though in reached well in time). Doctors... more did not come in time and did not inform about how they will get (When I reached there I was told the doctor will be late by 30 mins. Doctor turned up after an hour. Other patients were complaining about their respective doctors coming late. Whenever people enquired, they were told that the doctor will come in 5 mins.) They have a long queue (took me 30 mins) for registration (Rs. 200) and paying the consultation fees (Rs. 1000 per appointment). For the fee they charged the experience was quite poor. There were as many people standing as there were sitting down to inadequate seating facility in the waiting room.
It seemed like they were managed by the same guys as Air India.
I eventually had to leave without seeing the doctor. They refunded the consultation fee, though not the registration amount.
Rate of readmission after discharge from hospital (hospital-wide)
There is no indicators supported for this facility. If your hospital is part of major country or region based indicators that you value, please suggest it to us via our suggestion box in the bottom left corner and we’ll consider it's integration.